Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. 3M ( MMM) pushed the Conglomerates sector lower today making it today's featured Conglomerates laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 4.2%. By the end of trading, 3M fell $1.80 (-1.5%) to $115.82 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,852,729 shares of 3M exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,476,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $115.64-$116.92 after having opened the day at $116.92 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $117.62. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that declined today were: Pingtan Marine Enterprise ( PME), down 82.5%, Nacco Industries ( NC), down 4.1%, Tredegar Corporation ( TG), down 3.7% and AcelRx Pharmaceuticals ( ACRX), down 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full 3M Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.