Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.8%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical fell $0.60 (-1.6%) to $37.15 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,601,634 shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,203,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $36.85-$37.43 after having opened the day at $37.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $37.75. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: BioAmber ( BIOA), down 14.5%, American Pacific Corporation ( APFC), down 9.7%, Senomyx ( SNMX), down 6.5% and Valspar Corporation ( VAL), down 5.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.