Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold ( FCX) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 2.1%. By the end of trading, Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold rose $0.33 (1.0%) to $31.92 on average volume. Throughout the day, 15,240,950 shares of Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 17,088,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $31.11-$32.06 after having opened the day at $31.21 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $31.59. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 21.5%, Golden Star Resources ( GSS), up 19.5%, Vista Gold Corporation ( VGZ), up 17.4% and Golden Minerals ( AUMN), up 17.1%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Freeport-McMoRan Copper & Gold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.