Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Ryland Group ( RYL) pushed the Industrial Goods sector higher today making it today's featured industrial goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.4%. By the end of trading, Ryland Group rose $2.03 (5.8%) to $36.83 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 5,855,124 shares of Ryland Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,695,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $33.04-$37.23 after having opened the day at $34.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.80. Other companies within the Industrial Goods sector that increased today were: Vertex Energy ( VTNR), up 10.0%, Intellicheck Mobilisa ( IDN), up 8.4%, China Ming Yang Wind Power Group ( MY), up 7.7% and DR Horton ( DHI), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Ryland Group Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.