Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Barrick Gold Corporation ( ABX) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Barrick Gold Corporation rose $1.08 (5.8%) to $19.81 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 30,952,375 shares of Barrick Gold Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 18,644,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.37-$19.88 after having opened the day at $18.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.73. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: WSP Holdings ( WH), up 34.6%, Cardero Resources Corporation ( CDY), up 21.5%, Golden Star Resources ( GSS), up 19.5% and Vista Gold Corporation ( VGZ), up 17.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Barrick Gold Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.