Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. LinkedIn ( LNKD) pushed the Technology sector lower today making it today's featured Technology laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.5%. By the end of trading, LinkedIn fell $5.49 (-2.3%) to $236.33 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,723,670 shares of LinkedIn exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,932,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $233.98-$241.75 after having opened the day at $241.40 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $241.82. Other companies within the Technology sector that declined today were: Silver Spring Networks ( SSNI), down 29.8%, Cree ( CREE), down 22.4%, Blonder Tongue Laboratories ( BDR), down 17.9% and OCZ Technology Group ( OCZ), down 14.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full LinkedIn Ratings Report.
- Use our technology section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.