Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Google ( GOOG) pushed the Internet industry lower today making it today's featured Internet laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Google fell $11.44 (-1.3%) to $869.81 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,076,212 shares of Google exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,235,100 shares. The stock ranged in price between $867.16-$880.23 after having opened the day at $878.37 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $881.25. Other companies within the Internet industry that declined today were: TripAdvisor ( TRIP), down 9.2%, Renren ( RENN), down 8.3%, Tremor Video ( TRMR), down 8.2% and China Finance Online ( JRJC), down 6.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Google Ratings Report.
- Use our internet section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.