Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Calpine ( CPN) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Calpine rose $0.30 (1.6%) to $19.16 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,011,380 shares of Calpine exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,217,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $18.60-$19.19 after having opened the day at $18.83 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $18.86. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), up 7.1%, NRG Energy ( NRG), up 3.9%, Transportadora de Gas del Sur ( TGS), up 3.2% and CorEnergy Infrastructure ( CORR), up 2.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Calpine Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.