Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Sothebys ( BID) pushed the Specialty Retail industry higher today making it today's featured specialty retail winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, Sothebys rose $1.62 (3.7%) to $45.91 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,462,547 shares of Sothebys exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,203,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $44.14-$46.32 after having opened the day at $44.26 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $44.29. Other companies within the Specialty Retail industry that increased today were: Birks & Mayors ( BMJ), up 13.9%, Zale Corporation ( ZLC), up 11.0%, Trans World Entertainment ( TWMC), up 5.1% and Hollywood Media Corporation ( HOLL), up 3.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Sothebys Ratings Report.
- Use our specialty retail section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.