Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Starwood Property ( STWD) pushed the Financial sector higher today making it today's featured financial winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Starwood Property rose $0.27 (1.1%) to $25.66 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,412,453 shares of Starwood Property exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,268,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $25.20-$25.71 after having opened the day at $25.34 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $25.39. Other companies within the Financial sector that increased today were: Tree.com ( TREE), up 22.5%, Fortegra Financial ( FRF), up 10.3%, Bbva Banco FrancesS.A ( BFR), up 9.6% and Income Opportunity Realty Investors ( IOT), up 8.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Starwood Property Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.