Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Actavis ( ACT) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, Actavis rose $3.30 (2.5%) to $137.94 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,858,921 shares of Actavis exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,429,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $134.41-$139.10 after having opened the day at $134.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $134.64. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Skystar Bio-Pharmaceutical Company ( SKBI), up 82.5%, Columbia Laboratories ( CBRX), up 17.1%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 16.9% and Anacor Pharmaceuticals ( ANAC), up 15.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Actavis Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.