Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Celanese Corporation ( CE) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.8%. By the end of trading, Celanese Corporation rose $0.83 (1.7%) to $50.43 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,329,509 shares of Celanese Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 981,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $49.59-$50.91 after having opened the day at $49.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.60. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Gulf Resources ( GURE), up 10.6%, China Green Agriculture ( CGA), up 4.4%, Gevo ( GEVO), up 2.8% and Metabolix ( MBLX), up 2.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Celanese Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.