Target Corp . (NYSE: TGT) is pleased to announce today the return of its Give With Target program, through which the company will donate up to $5 million to schools across the country. New this year, Target is inviting its guests to allocate the full donation—double the amount designated by guests last year—to schools of their choice. Give With Target helps ensure that teachers and students have the resources they need to start the new year off right. Target has enlisted a group of celebrity partners to help rally votes for schools. The Give With Target “ Class of 2013,” in alphabetical order, includes:
- Actress and television personality, La La Anthony
- Country music recording artist and 2013 Academy of Country Music “Entertainer of the Year,” Luke Bryan
- Award-winning actress and activist, Sophia Bush
- U.S. gymnast and 2012 two-time Gold Medal Olympic All-Around champion, Gabrielle Douglas
- Super Bowl and “Dancing With The Stars” champion and community advocate, Donald Driver
Target’s guests impacted more than 30,000 schools through the Give With Target program in 2012. Schools that received donations used the funds to purchase classroom resources they needed most, including electronics, school and office supplies and storage/organization products. Give With Target is part of the company’s commitment to give $1 billion for education by the end of 2015.About Target Minneapolis-based Target Corporation (NYSE: TGT) serves guests at 1,856 stores – 1,788 in the United States and 68 in Canada – and at Target.com. Since 1946, Target has given 5 percent of its profit through community grants and programs; today, that giving equals more than $4 million a week. For more information about Target’s commitment to corporate responsibility, visit target.com/corporateresponsibility.