Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Exelon ( EXC) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Exelon fell $0.33 (-1.1%) to $30.42 on average volume. Throughout the day, 5,961,494 shares of Exelon exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,675,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $30.33-$30.85 after having opened the day at $30.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $30.75. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: GreenHunter Resources ( GRH), down 4.8%, Inergy L.P ( NRGY), down 4.4%, Atlantic Power Corporation ( AT), down 3.1% and American DG Energy ( ADGE), down 3.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Exelon Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.