Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Spectra Energy ( SE) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Spectra Energy fell $0.42 (-1.2%) to $34.37 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,288,655 shares of Spectra Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,159,600 shares. The stock ranged in price between $34.34-$34.80 after having opened the day at $34.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $34.79. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: KiOR ( KIOR), down 21.2%, Ossen Innovation ( OSN), down 12.8%, Camac Energy ( CAK), down 12.3% and Global Geophysical Services ( GGS), down 10.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Spectra Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.