Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Mobile Telesystems OJSC ( MBT) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 8.4%. By the end of trading, Mobile Telesystems OJSC rose $0.46 (2.3%) to $20.63 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,120,464 shares of Mobile Telesystems OJSC exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,905,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $20.21-$20.63 after having opened the day at $20.23 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $20.17. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Voltari ( VLTC), up 1511.3%, China TechFaith Wireless Comm Tech ( CNTF), up 15.4%, Ubiquiti Networks ( UBNT), up 8.0% and Internet Gold Golden Lines ( IGLD), up 7.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Mobile Telesystems OJSC Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.