Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Iamgold ( IAG) pushed the Metals & Mining industry higher today making it today's featured metals & mining winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Iamgold rose $0.10 (1.9%) to $5.44 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 12,258,490 shares of Iamgold exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,735,300 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $5.31-$5.60 after having opened the day at $5.42 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $5.34. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that increased today were: Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), up 21.5%, Exeter Resource Corporation ( XRA), up 7.2%, MAG Silver Corporation ( MVG), up 7.1% and Great Panther Silver ( GPL), up 6.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Iamgold Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.