Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Loews Corporation ( L) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Loews Corporation rose $0.78 (1.7%) to $47.20 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,101,678 shares of Loews Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 819,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $46.53-$47.30 after having opened the day at $46.63 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $46.42. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: Atlas Financial Holdings ( AFH), up 9.0%, Imperial Holdings ( IFT), up 4.5%, Fortegra Financial ( FRF), up 4.4% and First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), up 3.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Loews Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.