Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Constellation Brands ( STZ) pushed the Consumer Goods sector higher today making it today's featured consumer goods winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, Constellation Brands rose $0.64 (1.2%) to $54.71 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,107,844 shares of Constellation Brands exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,928,900 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $53.92-$54.90 after having opened the day at $54.13 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.07. Other companies within the Consumer Goods sector that increased today were: Tofutti Brands ( TOF), up 12.5%, Standard Register Company ( SR), up 10.0%, China New Borun Corporation ( BORN), up 9.2% and Exceed Company ( EDS), up 9.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Constellation Brands Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer goods section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.