Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Phillips 66 ( PSX) pushed the Basic Materials sector higher today making it today's featured basic materials winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.5%. By the end of trading, Phillips 66 rose $0.92 (1.6%) to $59.09 on average volume. Throughout the day, 3,157,024 shares of Phillips 66 exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,006,500 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $58.00-$59.19 after having opened the day at $58.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $58.17. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that increased today were: Atlatsa Resources ( ATL), up 21.5%, Earthstone Energy ( ESTE), up 18.7%, Goodrich Petroleum ( GDP), up 11.4% and China Green Agriculture ( CGA), up 10.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Phillips 66 Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.