Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Citigroup ( C) pushed the Banking industry higher today making it today's featured banking winner. The industry as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, Citigroup rose $0.87 (1.7%) to $51.77 on average volume. Throughout the day, 22,941,763 shares of Citigroup exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 29,379,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $50.74-$52.15 after having opened the day at $51.04 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $50.90. Other companies within the Banking industry that increased today were: Carver Bancorp ( CARV), up 8.4%, Carolina Trust Bank ( CART), up 7.9%, Bbva Banco FrancesS.A ( BFR), up 6.8% and Macro Bank ( BMA), up 6.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Citigroup Ratings Report.
- Use our banking section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.