For the fifth straight year, WWE will entertain the city of Los Angeles with a week-long lineup of events that place an emphasis on community and charitable outreach in celebration of SummerSlam, taking place this Sunday, August 18 live on pay-per-view at 8 p.m. ET from Staples Center. The events begin today and include:
- SummerSlam Press Conference – Tuesday, August 13, Beverly Hills HotelFor the first time, WWE will host a press conference to kick off SummerSlam Week. Days before John Cena® defends the WWE Championship against Daniel Bryan®, the two will come face-to-face at The Beverly Hills Hotel. The SummerSlam headliners will be joined by the biggest names in WWE to offer a preview of this year’s event. The press conference will also be streamed live on WWE.com, YouTube and Facebook.
- Children’s Hospital Visits – Wednesday, August 14WWE Superstar The Miz® will be joined by Divas Champion AJ Lee™ and WWE Legend Eve™ at the Mattel Children’s Hospital and the Children’s Hospital of Los Angeles. On both occasions, children will be provided with toys donated by Mattel.
- “Be a STAR” (Show Tolerance and Respect) Anti-Bullying Rallies – Thursday, August 15WWE and The Creative Coalition will host two anti-bullying rallies at a local youth center and school in Los Angeles on Thursday, August 15. Congresswoman Linda Sanchez, actor Ryan Ochoa and “Anger Management’s” Daniela Bobadilla will join WWE Superstars Big Show®, Hornswoggle® and Alicia Fox™ at the Cathy Hensel Youth Center in Montebello, delivering anti-bullying messages to more than 400 children between the ages of 5-13. Later that day, Sanchez, Ochoa, Bobadilla, WWE Superstars The Prime Time Players™ and ring announcer Lilian Garcia™ will host a second Be a STAR rally at Samuel Gompers Middle School for approximately 300 8th grade students.
- Superstars for Hope to benefit Make-A-Wish – Thursday, August 15, Beverly Hills HotelWWE and E! Entertainment will host the Superstars for Hope (#STARS4HOPE) red carpet party on Thursday, August 15 at the Beverly Hills Hotel. On July 22, WWE and E! Entertainment launched the first-ever Superstars for Hope fundraising initiative to support Make-A-Wish, featuring chances to win once-in-a-lifetime experiences available to anyone who makes a contribution. For every $10 fans and supporters contribute through fundraising partner Omaze, they will receive five chances to win one of two packages donated by WWE and E!.
- Susan G. Komen Mobile Mammogram Units – Friday, August 16 & Sunday, August 18As part of WWE’s partnership with Susan G. Komen, WWE will host mobile mammograms units at select locations where under insured women will be able to receive a mammogram free of charge. On Friday, August 16, WWE Diva Layla™ and ring announcer Lilian Garcia will take part in a meet and greet at Northgate Gonzalez Grocery store to promote the importance of early detection. The two will be joined by WWE Superstar Alex Riley™ for Sunday’s meet and greet at SummerSlam Axxess in Nokia Plaza at LA Live.
- SummerSlam Axxess – Saturday, August 17 & Sunday, August 18, Nokia Plaza at LA LiveGet ready for the ultimate WWE fan experience when SummerSlam Axxess (#AXXESS) takes over the Nokia Plaza at LA Live Saturday, August 17 and Sunday, August 18. This year, the WWE Universe will get unprecedented access to meet their favorite WWE Superstars, Divas and Legends, with more live matches and autograph signings than ever before. WWE Superstar Q & A’s and interactive activities will take place all throughout the plaza.
- Make-A-Wish Celebration – Saturday, August 17WWE Superstar Rey Mysterio® will host this year’s Make-A-Wish Celebration, granting wishes to nine children and hosting their families for an afternoon of fun at Lucky Strike. As part of its 30-year partnership with Make-A-Wish, WWE is also hosting the wish children and their families at SummerSlam.
- SummerSlam Mamarazzi – Sunday, August 18, Lexus Club, Staples CenterApproximately 40 mom bloggers and their children will be in attendance for a panel discussion with WWE Executive Vice President, Creative and mom of three Stephanie McMahon. WWE Superstars The Miz and Rey Mysterio will all be on hand for a meet and greet with the moms and children.
- SummerSlam Reading Challenge – Sunday, August 18, Nokia Plaza at LA LiveOn Sunday, August 18, WWE, Pearson Foundation and We Give Books will host a reading celebration at Nokia Plaza in LA Live during SummerSlam Axxess. WWE Legend Mick Foley™ and WWE Superstars Cody Rhodes® and Hornswoggle will host local Los Angeles parents and read to hundreds of students to promote the importance of literacy.
- SummerSlam, Sunday, August 18, Staples CenterA sold out crowd will converge on Staples Center for SummerSlam (#SummerSlam). WWE’s biggest event of the summer, which can be seen live on pay-per-view at 8 p.m. ET in more than 100 countries and 20 languages, will feature the highly anticipated match between John Cena and Daniel Bryan for the WWE Championship. WWE is streaming SummerSlam across all Apple, Android and Windows 8 devices and Kindle Fire tablets. The pay-per-view will also be available on Xbox consoles and Samsung Smart TVs, and, for the first time on Sony devices as part of the Sony Entertainment Network.
Additional information on WWE (NYSE: WWE) can be found at wwe.com and corporate.wwe.com. For information on our global activities, go to http://www.wwe.com/worldwide/.Trademarks: All WWE programming, talent names, images, likenesses, slogans, wrestling moves, trademarks, logos and copyrights are the exclusive property of WWE and its subsidiaries. All other trademarks, logos and copyrights are the property of their respective owners. Forward-Looking Statements: This press release contains forward-looking statements pursuant to the safe harbor provisions of the Securities Litigation Reform Act of 1995, which are subject to various risks and uncertainties. These risks and uncertainties include, without limitation, risks relating to maintaining and renewing key agreements, including television and pay-per-view programming distribution agreements; the need for continually developing creative and entertaining programming; the continued importance of key performers and the services of Vincent McMahon; the conditions of the markets in which we compete and acceptance of the Company's brands, media and merchandise within those markets; our exposure to bad debt risk; uncertainties relating to regulatory and litigation matters; risks resulting from the highly competitive nature of our markets; uncertainties associated with international markets; the importance of protecting our intellectual property and complying with the intellectual property rights of others; risks associated with producing and travelling to and from our large live events, both domestically and internationally; the risk of accidents or injuries during our physically demanding events; risks relating to our film business; risks relating to increasing content production for distribution on various platforms, including the potential creation of a WWE Network; risks relating to our computer systems and online operations; risks relating to the large number of shares of common stock controlled by members of the McMahon family and the possibility of the sale of their stock by the McMahons or the perception of the possibility of such sales; the relatively small public float of our stock; and other risks and factors set forth from time to time in Company filings with the Securities and Exchange Commission. Actual results could differ materially from those currently expected or anticipated. In addition, our dividend is dependent on a number of factors, including, among other things, our liquidity and historical and projected cash flow, strategic plan (including alternative uses of capital), our financial results and condition, contractual and legal restrictions on the payment of dividends, general economic and competitive conditions and such other factors as our Board of Directors may consider relevant.