Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Nucor ( NUE) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 3.5%. By the end of trading, Nucor fell $0.58 (-1.2%) to $48.64 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,262,781 shares of Nucor exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,849,700 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.42-$49.69 after having opened the day at $49.14 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.22. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Crosshair Energy ( CXZ), down 15.5%, China Gengsheng Minerals ( CHGS), down 7.7%, Platinum Group Metal ( PLG), down 4.7% and Grupo Simec S.A.B. de C.V ( SIM), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Nucor Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.