Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. MetLife ( MET) pushed the Insurance industry lower today making it today's featured Insurance laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, MetLife fell $0.89 (-1.8%) to $48.88 on light volume. Throughout the day, 4,900,654 shares of MetLife exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,366,200 shares. The stock ranged in price between $48.83-$49.59 after having opened the day at $49.32 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $49.77. Other companies within the Insurance industry that declined today were: Hallmark Financial Services ( HALL), down 3.4%, Kingsway Financial Services ( KFS), down 3.3%, Atlas Financial Holdings ( AFH), down 2.8% and Meadowbrook Insurance Group ( MIG), down 2.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full MetLife Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.