Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. BlackBerry ( BBRY) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.2%. By the end of trading, BlackBerry rose $1.02 (10.4%) to $10.78 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 92,559,457 shares of BlackBerry exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 22,332,100 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $10.12-$10.93 after having opened the day at $10.65 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $9.76. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: InfoSonics Corporation ( IFON), up 11.9%, Straight Path Communications ( STRP), up 10.6%, Glowpoint ( GLOW), up 10.5% and AudioCodes ( AUDC), up 8.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full BlackBerry Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.