Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Agrium ( AGU) pushed the Chemicals industry higher today making it today's featured chemicals winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.7%. By the end of trading, Agrium rose $1.49 (1.7%) to $86.91 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 1,558,819 shares of Agrium exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 972,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $85.20-$87.16 after having opened the day at $85.45 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $85.42. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that increased today were: Gulf Resources ( GURE), up 13.9%, Ceres ( CERE), up 10.9%, China Green Agriculture ( CGA), up 6.2% and Ikonics Corporation ( IKNX), up 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Agrium Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.