TAIPEI, Taiwan, Aug. 12, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- Silicon Motion Technology Corporation (Nasdaq:SIMO) ("Silicon Motion"), a global leader in designing and marketing NAND flash controllers for solid state storage devices, today announced that it has begun sampling its SM2246EN ultra high-performance and low power consumption SATA Revision 3.1 (6Gb/s) SSD controller for client and NAND-cache SSD solutions. The SM2246EN's performance and power consumption specifications place it squarely among the top SATA SSD controllers on the market. It also supports MLC, TLC and SLC NAND flash from all the major NAND suppliers. Silicon Motion will be showcasing and demonstrating this product at the upcoming Flash Memory Summit in Santa Clara, CA from August 13 to 15.
Silicon Motion's SM2246EN provides a complete hardware and firmware SSD controller solution with industry leading capabilities and technologies including:
- Ultra high sequential read performance of up to 540 MB/s and sequential write of up to 410 MB/s
- Delivers up to 80,000 random read IOPS and up to 75,000 random write IOPS
- Average power consumption of 60mW, 25% lower than the device power target of Intel's 2014 Ultrabook Guidelines with MobileMark 2012
- Advanced ECC management and wear leveling firmware to increase performance and extend reliability
- Ideally suited for both client SSDs and NAND-cache drives
- Proprietary, configurable ECC engine allows for consistent data throughput and performance throughout the entire SSD lifecycle
- Supports high toggle, ONFI and asynchronous NAND
- Supports the latest 1xnm / 1ynm MLC and TLC flash*, enabling better affordability and higher capacity SSDs
- Incorporates the latest security protocols and is AES 128/256, Trusted Computing Group (TCG) and Opal full-drive encryption compliant*
- Able to support both commercial and industrial grade requirements
About Silicon Motion:Silicon Motion is a fabless semiconductor company that designs, develops and markets high performance, low-power semiconductor solutions for the multimedia consumer electronics market. We have two major product lines, mobile storage and mobile communications. Our mobile storage business is composed of microcontrollers used in NAND flash memory storage products such as flash memory cards, USB flash drives, SSDs, and embedded flash applications. Our mobile communications business is composed primarily of handset transceivers and mobile TV IC solutions. For more information, please visit www.siliconmotion.com .
CONTACT: Media Contact: Michael Schoolnik Story Public Relations Tel: +1 415 674 3816 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org Investor Contact: Jason Tsai Director of IR and Strategy Tel: +1 408 519 7259 Fax: +1 408 519 7101 E-mail: email@example.com Sales Contact: Robert Fan VP/GM SMI U.S. Tel: 408-519-7219 E-mail: firstname.lastname@example.org