Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Electric Power ( AEP) pushed the Utilities sector lower today making it today's featured Utilities laggard. The sector as a whole was unchanged today. By the end of trading, American Electric Power fell $0.52 (-1.1%) to $45.00 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,520,714 shares of American Electric Power exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,588,400 shares. The stock ranged in price between $44.97-$45.63 after having opened the day at $45.46 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $45.52. Other companies within the Utilities sector that declined today were: CorEnergy Infrastructure ( CORR), down 11.8%, Just Energy Group ( JE), down 4.2%, Entergy ( ETR), down 3.3% and Delta Natural Gas Company ( DGAS), down 2.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full American Electric Power Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.