Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Alaska Air Group ( ALK) pushed the Transportation industry lower today making it today's featured Transportation laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Alaska Air Group fell $1.73 (-2.8%) to $60.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 749,903 shares of Alaska Air Group exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,058,900 shares. The stock ranged in price between $60.06-$61.92 after having opened the day at $61.62 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $61.92. Other companies within the Transportation industry that declined today were: YRC Worldwide ( YRCW), down 19.8%, Air Transport Services Group ( ATSG), down 10.9%, Republic Airways Holdings ( RJET), down 6.3% and Quality Distribution ( QLTY), down 5.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Alaska Air Group Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.