Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Molycorp ( MCP) pushed the Metals & Mining industry lower today making it today's featured Metals & Mining laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 1.3%. By the end of trading, Molycorp fell $0.72 (-9.7%) to $6.69 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 16,207,519 shares of Molycorp exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 7,853,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $6.21-$6.75 after having opened the day at $6.48 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $7.41. Other companies within the Metals & Mining industry that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 43.4%, Tonix Pharmaceuticals ( TNXP), down 30.2%, Asanko Gold ( AKG), down 14.6% and Quest Rare Minerals ( QRM), down 11.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Molycorp Ratings Report.
- Use our metals & mining section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.