Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Monsanto Company ( MON) pushed the Chemicals industry lower today making it today's featured Chemicals laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.1%. By the end of trading, Monsanto Company fell $1.09 (-1.1%) to $96.25 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,669,747 shares of Monsanto Company exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,041,800 shares. The stock ranged in price between $95.74-$97.88 after having opened the day at $97.09 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $97.34. Other companies within the Chemicals industry that declined today were: Ceres ( CERE), down 6.8%, Lightbridge ( LTBR), down 6.2%, Verenium Corporation ( VRNM), down 5.5% and Landec Corporation ( LNDC), down 4.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Monsanto Company Ratings Report.
- Use our chemicals section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.