Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Assured Guaranty ( AGO) pushed the Insurance industry higher today making it today's featured insurance winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.3%. By the end of trading, Assured Guaranty rose $0.70 (3.2%) to $22.61 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 4,965,096 shares of Assured Guaranty exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,663,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.00-$22.98 after having opened the day at $21.50 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.91. Other companies within the Insurance industry that increased today were: American Independence Corporation ( AMIC), up 3.6%, Employers Holdings ( EIG), up 3.4%, First Acceptance Corporation ( FAC), up 2.9% and CNinsure ( CISG), up 2.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Assured Guaranty Ratings Report.
- Use our insurance section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.