Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. WellCare Health Plans ( WCG) pushed the Health Care sector higher today making it today's featured health care winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 0.4%. By the end of trading, WellCare Health Plans rose $1.34 (2.0%) to $67.06 on average volume. Throughout the day, 432,297 shares of WellCare Health Plans exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 563,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $64.47-$67.29 after having opened the day at $65.51 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.72. Other companies within the Health Care sector that increased today were: NPS Pharmaceuticals ( NPSP), up 25.4%, Amedisys ( AMED), up 22.4%, Air Methods ( AIRM), up 16.9% and Geron Corporation ( GERN), up 16.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full WellCare Health Plans Ratings Report.
- Use our health care section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.