Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Statoil ASA ( STO) pushed the Energy industry higher today making it today's featured energy winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Statoil ASA rose $0.30 (1.4%) to $21.80 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,542,578 shares of Statoil ASA exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,781,000 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $21.58-$21.82 after having opened the day at $21.69 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $21.50. Other companies within the Energy industry that increased today were: New Concept Energy ( GBR), up 32.2%, Willbros Group ( WG), up 19.6%, GeoPetro Resources Company ( GPR), up 14.0% and Samson Oil & Gas ( SSN), up 9.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Statoil ASA Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.