Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Highwoods Properties ( HIW) pushed the Financial sector lower today making it today's featured Financial laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, Highwoods Properties fell $0.71 (-2.0%) to $35.60 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 3,115,704 shares of Highwoods Properties exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 990,300 shares. The stock ranged in price between $35.34-$35.79 after having opened the day at $35.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.31. Other companies within the Financial sector that declined today were: Tower Group ( TWGP), down 24.1%, Walker & Dunlop ( WD), down 15.2%, Credit Suisse ( DSLV), down 11.9% and CorEnergy Infrastructure ( CORR), down 10.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Highwoods Properties Ratings Report.
- Use our financial section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.