Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Synaptics ( SYNA) pushed the Computer Hardware industry lower today making it today's featured Computer Hardware laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.4%. By the end of trading, Synaptics fell $0.61 (-1.5%) to $40.69 on light volume. Throughout the day, 380,365 shares of Synaptics exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 951,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.65-$41.40 after having opened the day at $41.39 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $41.30. Other companies within the Computer Hardware industry that declined today were: Silicon Graphics International ( SGI), down 24.4%, Acorn Energy ( ACFN), down 8.9%, XRS ( XRSC), down 5.3% and Dataram Corporation ( DRAM), down 3.9%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Synaptics Ratings Report.
- Use our computer hardware section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.