Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Oasis Petroleum ( OAS) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day up 1.6%. By the end of trading, Oasis Petroleum fell $1.12 (-2.6%) to $41.38 on heavy volume. Throughout the day, 2,925,403 shares of Oasis Petroleum exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,485,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $40.14-$42.58 after having opened the day at $42.08 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.50. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 43.4%, WSP Holdings ( WH), down 34.2%, Axiall ( AXLL), down 17.2% and Dominion Diamond ( DDC), down 17.2%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Oasis Petroleum Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.