Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. NRG Energy ( NRG) pushed the Utilities sector higher today making it today's featured utilities winner. The sector as a whole closed the day up 0.1%. By the end of trading, NRG Energy rose $0.51 (1.9%) to $26.90 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,187,574 shares of NRG Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 3,519,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $26.41-$27.07 after having opened the day at $26.41 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $26.39. Other companies within the Utilities sector that increased today were: American DG Energy ( ADGE), up 8.4%, Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR), up 7.8%, Centrais Eletricas Brasileiras ( EBR.B), up 5.8% and Korea Electric Power ( KEP), up 4.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full NRG Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our utilities section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.