Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. FedEx Corporation ( FDX) pushed the Transportation industry higher today making it today's featured transportation winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, FedEx Corporation rose $1.10 (1.0%) to $109.08 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,588,711 shares of FedEx Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,756,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $108.50-$109.29 after having opened the day at $108.57 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $107.98. Other companies within the Transportation industry that increased today were: Era Group ( ERA), up 28.4%, Vitran Corporation ( VTNC), up 6.9%, TOP Ships ( TOPS), up 5.8% and Air Methods ( AIRM), up 5.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full FedEx Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our transportation section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.