Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Qualcomm ( QCOM) pushed the Telecommunications industry higher today making it today's featured telecommunications winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 9.9%. By the end of trading, Qualcomm rose $1.14 (1.8%) to $66.35 on average volume. Throughout the day, 12,566,747 shares of Qualcomm exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 13,872,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $65.36-$66.64 after having opened the day at $65.59 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $65.21. Other companies within the Telecommunications industry that increased today were: Voltari ( VLTC), up 1652.1%, Deltathree ( DDDC), up 19.8%, Otelco Inc. Class A ( OTEL), up 16.2% and I.D. Systems ( IDSY), up 13.6%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Qualcomm Ratings Report.
- Use our telecommunications section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.