Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Caterpillar ( CAT) pushed the Industrial industry higher today making it today's featured industrial winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.8%. By the end of trading, Caterpillar rose $1.53 (1.9%) to $83.96 on average volume. Throughout the day, 6,097,255 shares of Caterpillar exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 6,185,800 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $82.92-$84.59 after having opened the day at $82.95 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $82.43. Other companies within the Industrial industry that increased today were: Stratasys ( SSYS), up 14.0%, Exide Technologies ( XIDE), up 9.5%, Arotech Corporation ( ARTX), up 6.1% and Cleantech Solutions International ( CLNT), up 5.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Caterpillar Ratings Report.
- Use our industrial section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.