Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Medtronic ( MDT) pushed the Health Services industry higher today making it today's featured health services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.6%. By the end of trading, Medtronic rose $0.70 (1.3%) to $55.88 on average volume. Throughout the day, 4,603,340 shares of Medtronic exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,350,700 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $55.39-$55.98 after having opened the day at $55.49 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $55.18. Other companies within the Health Services industry that increased today were: DexCom ( DXCM), up 21.3%, Thermogenesis Corporation ( KOOL), up 17.9%, OraSure Technologies ( OSUR), up 14.6% and LHC Group ( LHCG), up 11.5%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Medtronic Ratings Report.
- Use our health services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.