Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. American Express ( AXP) pushed the Financial Services industry higher today making it today's featured financial services winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.5%. By the end of trading, American Express rose $1.05 (1.4%) to $76.19 on light volume. Throughout the day, 3,268,352 shares of American Express exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,810,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $75.48-$77.27 after having opened the day at $75.79 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $75.14. Other companies within the Financial Services industry that increased today were: GAIN Capital Holdings ( GCAP), up 21.4%, Federal Agricultural Mortgage ( AGM.A), up 9.0%, Global X Silver Miners ETF ( SIL), up 8.2% and US Global Investors ( GROW), up 7.3%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full American Express Ratings Report.
- Use our financial services section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.