Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Allergan ( AGN) pushed the Drugs industry higher today making it today's featured drugs winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Allergan rose $1.97 (2.2%) to $92.30 on light volume. Throughout the day, 1,447,476 shares of Allergan exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,816,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $90.57-$92.46 after having opened the day at $90.67 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $90.33. Other companies within the Drugs industry that increased today were: Gentium SpA ( GENT), up 16.6%, GW Pharmaceuticals PLC ADR ( GWPH), up 13.0%, Inovio Pharmaceuticals ( INO), up 10.4% and Alcobra ( ADHD), up 10.4%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Allergan Ratings Report.
- Use our drugs section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.