Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Packaging Corporation of America ( PKG) pushed the Consumer Non-Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer non-durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.2%. By the end of trading, Packaging Corporation of America rose $0.59 (1.1%) to $54.80 on light volume. Throughout the day, 522,978 shares of Packaging Corporation of America exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 819,400 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $54.50-$55.14 after having opened the day at $54.54 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $54.21. Other companies within the Consumer Non-Durables industry that increased today were: Ocean Bio-Chem ( OBCI), up 6.2%, ACCO Brands ( ACCO), up 4.1%, Fifth & Pacific Companies ( FNP), up 4.1% and Sappi ( SPP), up 3.8%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Packaging Corporation of America Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer non-durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.