Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Mattel ( MAT) pushed the Consumer Durables industry higher today making it today's featured consumer durables winner. The industry as a whole closed the day up 0.6%. By the end of trading, Mattel rose $0.61 (1.4%) to $42.94 on average volume. Throughout the day, 2,830,662 shares of Mattel exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 2,264,600 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $42.38-$43.10 after having opened the day at $42.61 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $42.33. Other companies within the Consumer Durables industry that increased today were: Harman International Industries ( HAR), up 10.7%, Appliance Recycling Centers Of America ( ARCI), up 7.4%, SGOCO Group ( SGOC), up 5.1% and Spectrum Brands Holdings ( SPB), up 4.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Mattel Ratings Report.
- Use our consumer durables section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.