Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Dow Chemical ( DOW) pushed the Conglomerates sector higher today making it today's featured conglomerates winner. The sector as a whole closed the day down 3.2%. By the end of trading, Dow Chemical rose $0.62 (1.7%) to $36.91 on average volume. Throughout the day, 7,264,927 shares of Dow Chemical exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 5,957,200 shares. The stock ranged in a price between $36.23-$36.97 after having opened the day at $36.47 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $36.29. Other companies within the Conglomerates sector that increased today were: Fifth Street Senior Floating Rate ( FSFR), up 2.5%, Tredegar Corporation ( TG), up 2.3%, Caterpillar ( CAT), up 1.9% and Harbinger Group ( HRG), up 1.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass.
- You can view the full Dow Chemical Ratings Report.
- Use our conglomerates section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.