JACKSONVILLE, Fla., Aug. 8, 2013 (GLOBE NEWSWIRE) -- ParkerVision, Inc. (Nasdaq:PRKR), a developer and marketer of semiconductor technology solutions for wireless applications, today announced results for the three and six month periods ended June 30, 2013. Second Quarter 2013 Business Highlights and Recent Developments
- Filed motion for summary judgment on no invalidity and filed rebuttals to Qualcomm's motion for partial summary judgment in patent litigation case that is scheduled for trial beginning October 7, 2013 in Orlando, Florida.
- Continued collaboration with baseband partner and Asia-based mobile handset manufacturer on RF chipset solution.
- Expanded product portfolio with introduction of three new RFIC products.
- Ranked by The Patent Board® among the top 20 companies in the telecom and communications industry in the July 2013 Patent Scorecard analysis.
- Awarded 7 new U.S. patents in the second quarter of 2013. As of June 30, 2013, the Company held 228 U.S. and foreign patents and had approximately 45 patent applications pending.
- Completed the private placement of approximately 3.7 million shares of common stock at $3.80 per share, generating net proceeds of approximately $13.0 million.