Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation ( COG) pushed the Energy industry lower today making it today's featured Energy laggard. The industry as a whole closed the day down 0.9%. By the end of trading, Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation fell $1.89 (-2.4%) to $75.69 on average volume. Throughout the day, 1,731,120 shares of Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 1,884,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $75.26-$77.46 after having opened the day at $77.16 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $77.58. Other companies within the Energy industry that declined today were: Atlas Resource Partners ( ARP), down 10.2%, W&T Offshore ( WTI), down 9.3%, Samson Oil & Gas ( SSN), down 9.1% and SandRidge Energy ( SD), down 9.0%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Cabot Oil & Gas Corporation Ratings Report.
- Use our energy section to find industry-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.