Editor's Note: Any reference to TheStreet Ratings and its underlying recommendation does not reflect the opinion of TheStreet, Inc. or any of its contributors including Jim Cramer or Stephanie Link. Suncor Energy ( SU) pushed the Basic Materials sector lower today making it today's featured Basic Materials laggard. The sector as a whole closed the day down 1.1%. By the end of trading, Suncor Energy fell $0.34 (-1.1%) to $32.04 on light volume. Throughout the day, 2,641,337 shares of Suncor Energy exchanged hands as compared to its average daily volume of 4,372,000 shares. The stock ranged in price between $31.94-$32.37 after having opened the day at $32.03 as compared to the previous trading day's close of $32.38. Other companies within the Basic Materials sector that declined today were: Sibanye Gold Ltd ADR ( SBGL), down 46.9%, Axiall ( AXLL), down 19.2%, Verenium Corporation ( VRNM), down 16.2% and Allied Nevada Gold ( ANV), down 14.7%.
- EXCLUSIVE OFFER: Jim Cramer's Protégé, Dave Peltier, only buys Stocks Under $10 that he thinks could potentially double. See what he's trading today with a 14-day FREE pass
- You can view the full Suncor Energy Ratings Report.
- Use our basic materials section to find sector-relevant news.
- Or find some new ideas from our top rated stocks lists.
- Find other investment ideas from our top rated ETFs lists.